The BRANO a.s. history goes back to 28 October 1862 when a factory for small ironmongery was established. The most important milestones in the further company’s history were the following:
1867 – The factory transformed its statute to public trading company, owned by C.R.O.Schüller and Co., Opava.
1869 – On 30 December the company was transformed to stock company Branka Factory on Wire, Tinwork and Nails located in Opava. Along with the growth of the company the production assortment was enlarged from nails and heel tips to metal sheet and cast iron ware and iron structures of windows, roofs, railings and bridges. This expansion was supported by the newly built foundry.
1927 – The factory was taken over by the American company YALE and Town Manufacturing Co., Stampford. The mass production of various types of locks, hydraulic door closing devices, rack-and lever jacks and other products of advanced technology has been introduced.
1939-45 – The production programme was adjusted for the purposes of German Army.
1946 – The company was nationalised under the name Branka Ironworks n.p. (national enterprise), Branka u Opavy. The factory produced padlocks and mortise locks, construction fittings, and castings made of grey and malleable cast iron.
1948 – Further plants from all over the republic were integrated into the company structure.
1950 – The production was expanded for furniture and construction fittings, closing devices, cast iron and car locks.
1951 – The production of hand-operated pulley blocks started.
1965 – The boards of management of industrial enterprises are being established according to production lines. Branka Ironworks are incorporated into the consumer goods trust PRAGO-UNION Prague.
1970 – The production for automotive industry was enlarged for further components.
1972 – Licence for car safety locks BOMORO I and BOMORO II was purchased. The production for automotive industry and that of lifting and door closing devices is being developed and enlarged.
1988 – On 1 July was established BRANO – Branka Ironworks and Engineering Works, state enterprise located in Hradec nad Moravicí.
1992 – On the basis of the privatisation project accredited by the resolution of the government of the Czech Republic from 15 April 1992 was established BRANO a.s. on 1 May, business location Hradec nad Moravicí. The same date was the company registered in the Commercial Register at the District Court Ostrava.